Are you tired of flabby arms? Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who has them. For some people, they are a worrying sign of aging and weakness. But you can fix that.
How to do that?
By following a specific workout with dumbbells that we have prepared for you here. It will only take you 15 minutes to do.
Follow this workout consistently for several weeks and you will see results.
Combine this workout with other workouts or add it to your routine. Follow it up with a good, healthy diet, and the results will come in just a few weeks!
What Muscle Groups Do You Need To Target To Get Rid of Flabby Arms?
The main muscle groups you need to work are:
We’ll show you in this article what exercises you need to do to target these muscles. These will help you get rid of the unwanted flabby arms.
It is perfectly normal to see your arm muscles deteriorate over time. The changes come naturally with age, and they also come due to inactivity.
Now it’s time to change this. It will only take you 15 minutes to get rid of your flabby arms. Do this workout 2-3 times per week.
15-Minute Toned Arm Workout With Dumbbells
Remember, it is just a 15-minute workout, but be prepared to go through an intense session. These are the exercises you need to do to get rid of flabby arms.
We will focus on exercises with dumbbells that will help you lose fat and build muscle in your arms.
Follow these exercises one after another with 30 seconds to a minute’s rest in between them.
1. Bicep Curls Into Overhead Press
The first exercise on the list is perhaps the most common exercise for biceps with a slight twist. This exercise will target your biceps as well as your shoulders.
- The first part of the exercise is the normal bicep curl. Pick the dumbbells you can lift easily, and start by performing the bicep curl.
- The second step of the exercise comes when you reach the top of the movement range of the bicep curl.
- Then, twist your hands and perform the overhead press. After you reach the top of the movement, repeat the pattern again.
- Aim for 8-12 reps.
2. Hammer Curls
As we’ve included bicep curls already, let’s look at a better alternative for slimming your arms: hammer curls.
This exercise can be very effective in eliminating flabby arms. It will target your biceps, brachialis muscle, as well as your front arm muscle.
- Start this exercise by holding the dumbbells at your sides.
- Again, pick the dumbbells that you are comfortable with. Then, raise the dumbbells in front of you with your arms contracted.
- Repeat for 8-12 times.
3. Tricep Extensions
We’ve targeted the biceps already, but we have done nothing for triceps so far. With this exercise, you’ll be targeting the rear part of your arm, the tricep.
It’s important to balance them out with the biceps. Triceps will complete the appearance of your arms and make them slimmer.
- You will need one dumbbell for this exercise. Take the dumbbell in one of your arms, and put it behind your head.
- Bend your elbow. Go light with the dumbbell at first.
- Your elbow should be facing almost completely straight up. Then, with your elbow intact, start lifting the forearm into the air.
- The elbow should stay in place at all times throughout the movement. Aim for 8-12 reps, or until exhaustion.
4. Dumbbell Lateral Raises (Side Raises)
The dumbbell lateral raises are perfect for targeting your shoulders – lateral deltoids, to be more precise. If you do these constantly, you can expect to see big changes in just weeks.
- Start by holding the dumbbells at your sides.
- With a slight bend in your elbows, raise your arms to the side until the dumbbells reach your shoulder’s height.
- Lower your arms and perform it again. Aim for 8-12 reps.
5. Wrist Curls
Let’s not forget about wrists! It might not matter to you too much, but strong wrists will enable you to get rid of flabby arms faster!
This exercise is fairly simple, but you will probably need to start with light weights.
- Pick two dumbbells in your hands.
- Then, start twisting your wrists upwards and down again.
- Your arms should not move at all – just your wrists. Go for 8-12 repetitions.
6. Dumbbell Bent Over Row
It’s easy to do dumbbell bent-over rows with dumbbells. This exercise is fantastic as it will not only target your back but your arms as well.
It does take some time to do it properly, though. Go easy at first and focus on the form to see the best results with this exercise.
- Bend your knees slightly, and bend forward with your back straight. Engage your scapula muscles before you start lifting dumbbells.
- Next, have dumbbells in your arms and let them hang straight down.
- To start performing the row, drive your arms backward. Your elbows should go past your body.
- Go 8-12 repetitions will work best.
7. Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep kickback is another movement that will target your triceps. You will notice that your triceps will be tired by now. But don’t stop now, you’re almost there!
- Bend your knees slightly. Retract your scapula and keep your back straight.
- Hold dumbbells in your arms. Bend your arms and have dumbbells at your sides.
- Then, swing your arms back into the air. Engage your core muscles and keep your back straight.
- As this is the last exercise, you can go with as many reps as you can.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking to tone your arms and get rid of flabby arms, then you can follow this workout routine.
Remember, it will only take you 15 minutes to do it! Do it 1-2 times weekly, and we can guarantee you will see massive results in just weeks.
Of course, you should also make sure your diet is on point. Your flabby arms won’t go away if you don’t eat healthily.
Did you like the exercises? Let us know what you think in the comments and please share the article if you liked it!